Stay: Proud Phu Fah Hip & Green Resort
Located at: Mae Raem, Mae Rim District, Chiang Mai
Room Rate: 3,850 THB / Night
Situated in Mae Rim province about 60 minutes drive from Chiang Mai — Proud Phu Fah Hip & Green Resort is hidden by lush green jungle on one side and mountains on the other. The cool weather can be touched here throughout the year; particularly during the nighttime. The green resort offers guests an escape from dreary cityscapes and replaces them with 10 uniquely designed villas (Villa Zone) with a river flowing behind each terrace. Phu zone is a new building consisting of 10 new luxury suites where you can enjoy the fresh air with panoramic mountain views while relaxing in your jacuzzi.
What I Love
- Each villa unit at Proud Phu Fah seamlessly connects you with the flowing stream and nature around you as well as all the creature comforts you would expect. The decorative item is individually designed by the inspiration created from the cheers of children and magnificent nature such as; handwriting graphic applied on washbasin, birds nest decoration, and other ceramic objects.
What you should know: The Phu Zone is supported by the Department of Alternative Energy Development and Efficiency for using green energy; solar “Heat Loop” system to produce hot water to help reduce the electric consumption.
- The authentic and healthy Thai cuisine at Proud Phu Fah Restaurant offers delicious fresh vegetables and herbs suited for well-being. Proud Phu Fah’s restaurant is open from 7.00 am – 8.00 pm on Monday – Thursday and 7.00 am – 9.00 pm on Friday – Sunday. Food can be delivered to your villa.
- I love to chill in the pool in the morning, just to feel fresh before breakfast, but try to go to the pool at night time if you keen to be under thousands of stars and a romantic atmosphere.
What you should know: The pool water uses Aqua Pure Salt System that eliminates the chemical bath feeling of other pools and is naturally refreshing.
- The location is perfect! You can leave Bangkok at noon and be completely immersed in nature in less than 3 hours. The resort is an hour from Chiangmai town and if you are only staying one night, try to arrive at Proud Phu Fah before 4 pm and go to see the stunning sunset view at Monjam.
What you should know: Proud Phu Fah check-in time is 2 pm and check-out time is 12 pm.
- You just have to go and don’t worry about the word “Low season” The staff knows what they are doing! Courteous, friendly, knowledgeable, and ready to welcome you in any season.
My Room Number
My room is Private Villa No. 2. Big windows around the room and an open space bathroom outside the bedroom. You don’t need to turn on the light during the day as the room light is naturally bright along with the natural daylight. The terrace is positioned above the stream that flows around the property. The villa has high ceilings and is covered by the trees outside keeping the villa naturally cooled through the day and night.
Each villa comes with its own sound system pre-loaded with relaxing music. You can also just sit next to the river and listen to the water flowing right outside your room and the cicadas and birds singing.